Fallasburgh Flats

The flats is a 10 acre piece of land that has had many uses over the years.  The Fallas Barn, built by the sons of John Wesley Fallas occupies the north west corner.  The field was used for old-time baseball games in the past.  Recently, the North Country Trail moved a section of the trail off the road and onto the flats. The new kiosk has an informative graphic on one side and space on the other to post about events coming up. It is also used for parking for many of the activities that happen around the village.  While originally often referred to as Fallassburgh (or Fallassburgh), it became widely recognized as Fallasburg by 1893.

Walking Tour